Novel And Conventional Methods Of Audit, Investigation And Fraud Detection.
“A Practical Handbook that fully explains through case studies & pictures how to detect frauds during the course of audits & investigation. Simple to complicated tools and audit techniques to detect white collar crime and financial fraud/irregularities”
It offers an insightful and descriptive account of the frauds, accounting irregularities, and methodologies to detect them by using a combination of novel and conventional audit approaches. The methodologies are clearly described with extensive case studies and examples. The book intends to provide greater awareness of possible frauds and an insight into structured as well as uncommon methods of fraud detection. It attempts to bring together case studies of frauds that have been researched and adapted from real life situations.
The key features of the book include:
• Simple forensic tests to make audits and investigation more effective using spread sheets as a tool.
• Case studies of industry-specific (telecom, banking, insurance, entertainment etc) risks.
• Model documents and samples to illustrate cases of forgery and manipulation.
• Models and samples of investigation report.
• Scientific as well as judgement-based approach to fraud investigation and audits.
• Use of advanced and sophisticated audit techniques such as CAAT, data mining, etc. and fraud detection in computerised environment.
• Examples of use of handwriting and signature analysis in cases of forgery.
• Use of figures, drawings and anecdotes to illustrate concepts.
A Practical Handbook that fully explains through case studies & pictures how to detect frauds during the course of audits & investigation.